Amazon's "Best of 2009" lists are out -- We've already heard about Rosie's entry into the "Outstanding Albums You May Have Missed" list, but we've got another winner! Justin Townes Earle is named Amazon.com's #8 Best Country album and one of Amazon's "Top 100 Songs of 2009! With endorsements like that, you can bet Midnight at the...Read more
The "What Am I Gonna Eat For Lunch?" edition:
- We're just a few days away from the flagship 15th anniversary celebration at the Hideout Block Party -- There's still time to get tickets!
- There's a new Grammy category this year: "Americana." While the nominees for the category won't be announced for another month, USA Today runs down the year's top ...Read more
The "Land of a 1,000 Isthmuses" edition:
We had our first two Midwestern Bloodshot Beer-B-Qs in Madison and Milwaukee this past weekend, and they were a rousing success! Thanks to the fine folks at the High Noon Saloon in Madison and The Cedar Cultural Center in Minneapolis for hosting us.
Look at all the fun you missed!
- The folks at Yeah Right ...Read more
It's nearly September -- the stylish month where designers descend upon Bryant Park for New York Fashion Week and the September issues of glossy fashion mags are enormous. So, it's no suprise the most sartorial-minded member of the Bloodshot roster, Justin Townes Earle, is...Read more
The "Air and Water Show" edition:
- The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir have just been added to Martin Atkin's "Tour:Smart PLUS weekend August 21 - 23." Martin played drums on a track from SYGC's upcoming album, ... and the horse you rode in on. If you'd like to sign-up for the weekend event which features many music industry how-to panels, go ...Read more
Greetings from the home of the Bloodshot Birthist Movement! We here firmly believe that all of our own birth certificates are forgeries, that we were all born in Malta, and thus we are not allowed to ever be President of these United States. All those pictures of us on the web drinking too much prolly wouldn't have helped anyway...
Here are...Read more
In what promises to be a hot winter -- Justin Townes Earle has just announced his winter tour, supporting the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach!
JUSTIN TOWNES EARLE / DAN AUERBACH TOUR DATES
Nov 5 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
Nov 6 - Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre
Nov 7 - Toronto, ONT @ Phoenix Concert Theatre
Nov 8 -...Read more
Bloodshot Digest: The "Goodbye, MJ" Edition
Your weekly or semi-weekly peek into the swirling vortex of weirdness that is life in the Bloodshot Lane. So, stop tweeting about the King of Pop for a few minutes, relax (the boss ain't watching) and catch up. All items guaranteed to be Sequined Glove Free.
- Here's an entertaining read by the ever-entertaining Jon Langford; he tells the folks at Pitchfork about the most influential albums during different times of his life.
Mark your calendars, boys and girls, for THE tour that will heat up your summer: Justin Townes Earle is joining Old Crow Medicine Show, Dave Rawlings Machine (f/ the beautiful, gorgeous, amazing Gillian Welch), and The Felice Brothers for a handful of very special performances. Now that's an economic stimulus plan!
Here's the gist:
"Born out of a deep running...Read more
June? Already? How did that happen?
- The Bottle Rockets are ready to roll! The album will be released on August 11th. Check out some songs, the cover and read all about it here.