- On Monday, we had one of those evenings when we remember why we live here. The Shelebration, a tribute to Shel Silverstein was held at Millennium downtown. The weather was perfect. We brought a picnic and jug of vodka and juice. The band was Bobby Bare Jr, Nora O'Connor, Patrick from My Morning Jacket, Chris Scruggs and others. ...Read more
[Insert Clever Headline Here]
- AMERICA! What's wrong with you? Exclaim Magazine, the Rolling Stone of Canada recently declared Scott H. Biram's new disc "Album of the Month!" Yer not gonna lie around and let THEM be cooler than US, are you? Get down with the Biram sound, people. I mean, really.
- Minneapolis and Madison Anniversary Beer-B-Q lineups finalized. ...Read more
Your weekly or semi-weekly peek into the swirling vortex of weirdness that is life in the Bloodshot Lane. So, stop tweeting about the King of Pop for a few minutes, relax (the boss ain't watching) and catch up. All items guaranteed to be Sequined Glove Free.
Q: What gives?
A: Here's a few tidbits to chew on over the weekend.
Scott H. Biram's new album out this week. Yes, the news is a little Biram heavy, due to the release of his new album. The word is out and the the word is good.
- Currently #5 on the Billboard Blues Chart!
- Currently #18 on radio powerhouse KEXP!
These folks...Read more
Here's a few interesting tidbits as you set out on this holiday weekend (and by holiday, we mean Bloodshot Rob's Birthday):
- Justin Townes Earle was snagged three nominations from the Americana Music Association: Album of the Year, Artist of the Year, and Emerging Artist.
- BASEBALL HATS are ...Read more
Shovel ready Bloodshot tidbits for a stimulus-seeking appetite:
- Andre Williams (with guitar help from Jon Langford) tore up the local PBS TV studio this week and brought some welcome bluster to a show more known for CTA fare hike stories. It's archived here
- Champing at the bit for the new BOTTLE ROCKETS album? Us too. August 11th, ...Read more