- On Monday, we had one of those evenings when we remember why we live here. The Shelebration, a tribute to Shel Silverstein was held at Millennium downtown. The weather was perfect. We brought a picnic and jug of vodka and juice. The band was Bobby Bare Jr, Nora O'Connor, Patrick from My Morning Jacket, Chris Scruggs and others. ... Read more
[Insert Clever Headline Here]
- AMERICA! What's wrong with you? Exclaim Magazine, the Rolling Stone of Canada recently declared Scott H. Biram's new disc " Album of the Month!" Yer not gonna lie around and let THEM be cooler than US, are you? Get down with the Biram sound, people. I mean, really.
- Minneapolis and Madison Anniversary Beer-B-Q lineups finalized. ... Read more
Your weekly or semi-weekly peek into the swirling vortex of weirdness that is life in the Bloodshot Lane. So, stop tweeting about the King of Pop for a few minutes, relax (the boss ain't watching) and catch up. All items guaranteed to be Sequined Glove Free.
Q: What gives?
A: Here's a few tidbits to chew on over the weekend.
Scott H. Biram's new album out this week. Yes, the news is a little Biram heavy, due to the release of his new album. The word is out and the the word is good.
- Currently #5 on the Billboard Blues Chart!
- Currently #18 on radio powerhouse KEXP!
These folks... Read more
Here's a few interesting tidbits as you set out on this holiday weekend (and by holiday, we mean Bloodshot Rob's Birthday):
- Justin Townes Earle was snagged three nominations from the Americana Music Association: Album of the Year, Artist of the Year, and Emerging Artist.
- BASEBALL HATS are ... Read more
Shovel ready Bloodshot tidbits for a stimulus-seeking appetite:
- Andre Williams (with guitar help from Jon Langford) tore up the local PBS TV studio this week and brought some welcome bluster to a show more known for CTA fare hike stories. It's archived here
- Champing at the bit for the new BOTTLE ROCKETS album? Us too. August 11th, ... Read more