Greetings from the home of the Bloodshot Birthist Movement! We here firmly believe that all of our own birth certificates are forgeries, that we were all born in Malta, and thus we are not allowed to ever be President of these United States. All those pictures of us on the web drinking too much prolly wouldn't have helped anyway...
Here are some tidbits for your weekend:
- Early word from the Justin Townes Earle/Big Surprise Tour is that it is one helluva good time for audiences and performers alike. Take a gander at THIS clip from the Boston show. Don't fret if you missed seeing JTE and Cory, they'll be on the road with Dan Auerbach all November
- A few months ago Mark Pickerel stopped into an upstart website's studio in Chicago called Coach House Sounds and hung out and played some songs, tuned their drums and drank their beer. Here be the results.
- 15th ANNIVERSARY PARTY NEWS! Our lineups in Austin and Brooklyn have been confirmed, and tickets are on sale for Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis and Philly. More news to come soon, but get the latest skinny here
- BOTTLE ROCKETS RELEASE DATE NIGH! Just a few more days (August 11th) and you can still pre-order the LP/CD and have your name thrown into a drawing for a special Bottle Rockets prize package put together by the boys themselves. We sincerely hope it will NOT include an old sandwich, which might be odoriferous by the time it reaches you. I suspect not however. Check out the poster for Vintage Vinyl's hometown show on release day.
- Were you at the Bloodshot/Taste of Chicago Day Party in Downtown Chicago? Yeah, well, you weren't alone. Anyway, the great Kids Dance Party Show Chic-A-Go-Go filmed it. They're showing it on cable access show Channel 19 Tuesday, August 11th at 8:30 and Wednesday August 12th at 3:30 pm. See Andre, Dollar Store, Langford, Deadstring Brothers and more!
- In a new segment we're calling "Get To Know Your Bloodshot Staffer", I asked Radio Promotions/Tour Support Master Joe Swank a few questions. Hopefully, these segments will soothe you as you realize the music on Bloodshot you have come to love is in the hands of genuine lunatics....I mean.... caring, thoughtful hard working mavens of music.
- 1) Your hometown: Marion, Illinois
- 2) Your first concert: Waylon Jennings on a Wednesday, Willie Nelson on a Thursday.
- 3)What was the first album purchased with your own money: A Million Or More in '76 as performed by the Kings Road Players
- 4) What is your favorite album OF ALL TIME: Willie Nelson - Willie And Family Live
- 5) What was your first job in the "Music industry" (how ever you want to define that): Working overnights at WDDD Radio in Marion, IL
- 6) Fill in the blank: "If I could get in the secret NASA Wayback Machine(you know they have one), and see any band, it would be_________": Jimi Hendrix
- 7) Fill in the blank: "If I were on a desert island and the jukebox had only Who Let the Dogs Out and Journey's Don't Stop Believing I would___________": Break off the button for "Who Let The Dogs Out" so no one could accidentally play it, then learn the most wicked air guitar solo to "Don't Stop Believing" ever.
- 8) Number of tattoos: 5
- 9) Wildcard: Let's have a humorous tidbit about yourself: "Roughly 90 percent of all TV I watch is/are cartoons,"
I hope this has helped. I know i feel better.
Pray for us in Chicago as we endure Lollapalooza in town this weekend.