The "Air and Water Show" edition:
- The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir have just been added to Martin Atkin's "Tour:Smart PLUS weekend August 21 - 23." Martin played drums on a track from SYGC's upcoming album, ... and the horse you rode in on. If you'd like to sign-up for the weekend event which features many music industry how-to panels, go here. The Choir performs on Sunday, August 23.
- And speaking of SYGC, we recently got word that they'll be opening for the Headlights on Friday -- the band will play on the beautiful University of Wisconsin Memorial Union Terrace. It's totally free! It's outside on the lake! And there's homemade Babcock Hall ice cream to be consumed.
- Justin Townes Earle visited WXPN recently and recorded a live set -- hear it here. JTE is on tour right now with Old Crow Medicine Show, The Felice Brothers, Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch on the Big Surprise Tour. The New York Times recently reviewed the revue, and seemed to enjoy themselves.
- Tune in tomorrow to hear Paul Burch and the WPA Ballclub perform live on WSM radio! The band will be on-air from 6-7pm CST, and you can listen online here.
- Finally, it's new release day for us at BSHQ -- today, we're celebrating the release of the Bottle Rockets latest, Lean Forward. Have you ordered your copy yet?