Here's a few interesting tidbits as you set out on this holiday weekend (and by holiday, we mean Bloodshot Rob's Birthday):
- Justin Townes Earle was snagged three nominations from the Americana Music Association: Album of the Year, Artist of the Year, and Emerging Artist.
- BASEBALL HATS are back in! Just in time for summer, and due to popular demand, we've re-stocked on our fabulous black caps.Check 'em out here!
- To whet yer appetite for Ha Ha Tonka's new album coming in June, they did a video interview at SXSW with our pals over at PopMatters. See it here. They're cute, so enjoy!
- Bobby Bare Jr interview on this week's edition of the Beechwood Reporter. He talks about Justin, his dad, and the upcoming Shel Silverstein tribute in Chicago. Read and see videos of Bobby when he performed at the Opry when he was 5.
- Rob's recommendation of the week: Since the warmer weather is upon us, it's time summertime drinks. Since there is only band with a drink named after them, we thought it would a good place to start. Thus, we give you the Ha Ha Tonka:
1 oz vodka
1 oz amaretto
1 oz sloe gin
1 oz southern comfort
Use 16oz cup, fill ice, pour in alcohol, then top with orange juice. Skol!
Til next week....