Rosie's new album Girl of the Century broke into the top 20 on the national AMA charts coming in at #18.
Sure, it's a dead medium, but there are still some stations out there that care.
The But The Weatherman Promised Me Snow edition:
- After swearing at me about how STUPID Twitter is, Scott H Biram went and joined it. You can follow him @ScottHBiram. In 140 characters or less, Biram's been regaling us with tales from his current US tour—check out the dates and see if he'll be headed your way.
- Perfect Sound Forever has an interview with Exene, where she talks about moving back to LA, where the punk scene is now, and how she almost changed her last name -- You can read it here.
- Rosie Flores' upcoming album, Girl of the Century, is now on pre-sale! Once you order a copy, check out one of her Texas shows with the Pine Valley Cosmonauts or at the Tempe Bloodshot BBQ.
- The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir is continuing to recover from its van accident last month, but good news is coming in: Mark is out of ICU; Gibson is replacing the guitar Mary lost in the wreck; and WOXY / LaLa.com will be featuring SYGC as their band of the week on Thursday!
- In more SYGC news, both Subterranean and The Hideout in Chicago have generously donated nights for benefit shows -- Halloween eve at Sub-T will feature BBU, Canasta, New Duncan Imperials, Kevin Flynn and the Avondale Ramblers, along w/ appearances from members of SYGC. Meanwhile, the Hideout announced a benefit on November 12 featuring The 1900s and Brighton, MA. You can read more about these shows here.