Each week, we'll (well, Miss Jenny will) recap the latest episode of the Southern vampire serial, True Blood, and follow it up with some True Bloodshot -- a playlist of Bloodshot (and some non-Bloodshot) songs that we think would nicely complement this TV series with a bite. Warning: Spoilers ahead!Read full piece
Shovel ready Bloodshot tidbits for a stimulus-seeking appetite:
- Andre Williams (with guitar help from Jon Langford) tore up the local PBS TV studio this week and brought some welcome bluster to a show more known for CTA fare hike stories. It's archived here
- Champing at the bit for the new BOTTLE ROCKETS album? Us too. August 11th, but here's a first peek at the killer cover art. Now, just imagine how it's going to sound.
- Sitting at home this Sunday the 17th with no one to talk to? Why not ask the ever chatty Justin Townes Earle some questions on the No Depression community blog. Talk music, his new mustache, or why Leadbelly should be carved into Mount Rushmore.
- Scott H Biram's new release "hits the streets" next Tuesday, but the raves are already rolling in. Here's one, and another. Pre-order and get some free goodies.
- Ever wonder what might be on a jukebox owned by an owner of Bloodshot? Us neither, but the Beechwood Reporter thought it might be interesting. Read about it here.
- Rob's Recommendation of the Week: If smoking a pork roast, I suggest a rub of paprika, cayenne powder, ground black pepper, and sugar. Leave overnight. Smoke over apple wood at 185 degrees, basting every hour with a mixture of the above mixed with some apple cider vinegar. After 6 hours (for a two pound roast), you will enter a heaven of porky delight. ENJOY!
Set your TV sets to stun!
Andre will be interviewed and perform on WTTW's CHICAGO TONIGHT (Channel 11--that's PBS, kids) tonight May 13th at 7pm Central. JON LANGFORD will be handling the guitar duties.
The show will be archived, we'll get you that link when we have it.
Go here to see a trailer for the documentary "Agile, Mobile, Hostile: A Year in the Life of Andre Williams" that debuted at the SXSW 2008 Film Festival
This film followed Andre around the world, the ups and downs, and a lot of footage of the recording of Can You Deal With It? Fascinating, hilarious, scary and sad. All Andre.
We will keep you posted on theatrical showings of the film.
Andre hit the stage with some BURLESQUE dancers in New Orleans. Check out some photos and a review of Can You Deal With It? from the fine folks at My Old Kentucky Blog here.