Falling out of the sky in the mid-90's, Whiskeytown grabbed the mantle of Critical Darlings by the throat and did not let go.
Fronted by Ryan Adams and Caitlin Cary, they burned hard and they burned fast and they burned out before the world really knew what hit them.
With Ryan's remarkable songwriting, and an energy that can only come from a bunch of musicians who aren't aware of the ground they are breaking, Whiskeytown helped define what it meant to mix a punkish abandon with the pathos of great country music.
They were an alchemical supernova that engendered the critics' parlor game "x punk band + y country songwriter = WHISKEYTOWN."
- "Bottom Of The Glass" on Straight Outta Boone County
- "Silver Wings" on Poor Little Knitter On The Road
- "Please Take The Devil Out Of Me" by Caitlin Cary solo on Down To The Promised Land: 5 Years of Bloodshot Records
- "Monday Night" by Ryan Adams solo on Down To The Promised Land: 5 Years of Bloodshot Records
- Caitlin Cary plays violin on Alejandro Escovedo's A Man Under the Influence