Sally was born in Leeds, England. She grew up in the Yorkshire dales, sang in the church choir and performed in poetry recitals as a child. In 1985 she joined the Mekons as a full-time member and has regretted it ever since. Unfortunately, the only way out of the Mekons is in a box, so she's still there.
Known as one of the laziest women in show business, she frequently calls in favors from her more talented and successful friends so that she can dedicate more time to watching television and eating bananas. She has blonde hair, grey eyes, and appalling mood swings. Despite her fondness for off-color commentary on virtually every aspect of popular culture, she possesses a truly magnificent voice.
- "Long Black Veil" and "Homicide" (999 cover) on the Pine Valley Cosmonauts' The Executioner's Last Songs: Volumes 2 & 3
- "Home In The Valley" on Roger Knox's Stranger In My Land
- "Sad Milkman" (Handsome Family cover) live on No One Got Hurt: Bloodshot's 15th Anniversary @ The Hideout Block Party
- "Perfidia" live video on the DVD Bloodied But Unbowed
- "Perfidia" live performance on the Bloodied But Unbowed: The Soundtrack
- "Tennessee Waltz" on Straight Outta Boone County
- "Right or Wrong" on the Pine Valley Cosmonauts' Salute the Majesty of Bob Wills
- "Glue" w/ Andre Williams on Down to the Promised Land: 5 Years of Bloodshot Records
- "The Plans We Made" duet w/ Jon Langford on the Pine Valley Cosmonauts' The Executioner's Last Songs: Volume 1
- "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" on For a Decade of Sin: 11 Years of Bloodshot Records