We always thought Kim Docter was one of the most consistently underrated songwriters in our humble little stable--songs with pathos, brains, wordplay and hooks aplenty seemed to jump from her devilish brain. Original guitar player Nancy "The Bluegrass Hellcat" Rideout, who was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident in 2007, consistently amazed the crowds with her unschooled, but fiercely unique, guitar/mandolin/banjo fireworks. We also consider violinist Rachel to be the first Bloodshot sex symbol and while doghouse bassist Mike Luke always ranked in the top three of nicest people on the planet, we definitely liked having him on our side in bar fights.
- "Turn The Lights Down Low" live on No One Got Hurt: Bloodshot's 15th Anniversary @ The Hideout Block Party
- "Complicated Games" (XTC cover), "George Set Me Strait," and "Alone" on Making Singles, Drinking Doubles
- "Way Out West" on For of Life of Sin
- "Roulette Wheel" on Hell-Bent
- "Turn the Lights Down Low" (bluegrass version) on Down to the Promised Land: 5 Years of Bloodshot Records