Sep 12 '11
Lydia Loveless Photo Shoot
On the eve of her inaugural BS release, one which we hope will have her music and story all over the interwebs, we thought we give you a peek "behind the scenes."
The Ely Brothers did a photo shoot of Lydia a couple weeks back and they filmed it as well, so's you can see what goes into to such a thing. It's a pretty cool they work in the final photos into the video, and use "Can't Change Me" as the soundtrack.
Enjoy it HERE
May 8 '09
Bloodshot Digest 5-8-09
Snippets of interesting Bloodshottiness for your weekend perusal:
Happy Mother's Day! Mom is likely SICK AND TIRED of flowers, chocolates and dinners at Outback Steakhouse. Get her a Bloodshotglass or a Detroit Cobras album instead. Trust us, you'll become her favorite after that.
- The Detroit Cobras and Dex Romweber Duo kicked off a 6 week US double bill this week in Chicago. All us Bloodshot drones had a fantastic time. Go here for a review of the show and lots of excellent photo
- Last week the book Amplified was published by Melville House. It is a collection of short stories by songwriters like Rhett Miller (Old97s), Robbie Fulks, Jon Langford, Rennie Sparks (Handsome Family), Jim White and more. Here's a video of Ben Weaver reading his story "Humanesque"
- Firewater is currently tearing it up in Europe. Here are some photos from a Dutch festival they played on May 5th. I would translate all the text on that site for you, but I hate to show off..
- As you may have heard, Jack White (White Stripes) recorded a single with Dex Romweber and we'll have it for sale in early June. There's all sorts of news out there on it already, but I thought I'd cite one article from Jack's (and mine) hometown of Detroit--we need some good news out of there
- Our punk-history-loving intern Kentaro was enthralled with Bloodshot Rob's collection of old flyers and set about to immortalize them in Ones and Zeroes. If you'd like to see what he was up to in the early 80's instead of preparing himself for a normal life and a normal career go here.
- Rob's Recommendation of the Week: Last Sunday, I was lucky enough to catch Robbie Fulks' show at the Old Town School with Danny Barnes, Nora O'Connor and more supporting his new digital only release, the 50 song 50-Vc. Doberman. It was truly a wonderful show and the songs were just breath taking. Do yourself a favor and go to his site and check them out. Buy 'em a la carte, or get the whole massive batch. You can sample songs and read his liner notes, which are worth a visit on their own. It is truly a sad commentary on our culture that Robbie is not treasured and that Jessica Simpson is.
That's all for now. Have a good weekend!
Oct 27 '08
Andre on My Old Kentucky Blog
Andre hit the stage with some BURLESQUE dancers in New Orleans. Check out some photos and a review of Can You Deal With It? from the fine folks at My Old Kentucky Blog here.
Nov 14 '07
Scotland Yard live on WOXY
The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir swung by WOXY for a live in-studio, and you can download a mp3 of the appearance over at the WOXY site. Plus, there's some great pics of the band up on WOXY's Flickr page!
Nov 25 '07
Cobras: Live In Detroit Pics
From Detour Magazine, some fine shots of the Cobras tearing it up in their hometown in December 2007 at the Magic Stick. Rachel even dyed her hair jet black for the occasion. Take a peek.